Old August 28th 04, 02:35 AM
bobinphx

Default looking for schematic making software

To All,
Is there any software that will help ease the frustration of drawing a
schematic by hand from an existing radio????

Bob in phx

Old August 28th 04, 04:26 PM
John LeRoy

Bob, I've had good luck with both TubPad from Gary WD4NKA at
http://www.qsl.net/wd4nka/TEXTS/Tubepadf.html
and also ExpressSCH at www.expresspcb.com, which I use mostly for solid
state stuff.
73,
John W4JKL

Old August 28th 04, 07:48 PM
John Popelish

bobinphx wrote:

To All,
Is there any software that will help ease the frustration of drawing a
schematic by hand from an existing radio????

Bob in phx

I recently used DraftChoice for Windows (a downloadable shareware
program) to reconstruct the schematic of an HP lab supply.

I created symbols for all the part types and then put them down on the
screen (on grid) roughly where the parts were on the board. Then I
connected them together with three colors of lines (one for each side
of the board and one for flying leads). Then using the alter/rubber
tool, I stretched the lines to put the parts in some obvious order
that made sense to me. The rubber function stretches lines without
distorting symbols. When the parts were all where I wanted them, I
replaced the original colored lines with black ones. The result was a
very fine schematic.

The big weakness of this program is its limited export capability.
But it is very easy to work with and saves me a lot of time. If you
get a copy and want a symbol file of my electronic symbols, email me
and I will send it. I have a blank drawing file with the text set to
..1 inch high, .1 inch grid and this symbol file included, to start any
schematic. Then I save-as a new named file.

--
John Popelish