Old September 2nd 04, 07:04 PM
Steve Nosko

Generally speaking. it is the part of the blank which is directly under the
electrodes, and very near to the edges of the electrodes, that determine the
frequency. I was close to some 135 MHz crystal filter some years ago, but
wasn not aware of the technology useed -- it wasn't used in the final
design.
--
Steve N, K,9;d, c. i My email has no u's.

Old September 2nd 04, 08:46 PM
Mike Monett

Paul Burridge wrote:

[excellent references snipped]

Thanks, Mike. That lot ought to keep me quiet for a while!

p.

Now, watch you don't get too smart! I enjoy the discussions you raise and
usually end up learning something - which is more than I can say for some
of the self-appointed experts in other newsgroups

Best Wishes,

Mike Monett
Old September 3rd 04, 04:27 PM
Tom Bruhns

PECL = positive-supply ECL. It's set up to run from a +5V supply
(with the metal case grounded), instead of the usual -5.2V for ECL.
Has nothing to do with Plessey.

I believe it's spec'd +/-20ppm total from -40C to +85C. It uses a
standard AT-cut crystal, I believe, so one could find a zero-slope
operating temperature and it'd be quite stable.

Cheers,
Tom

Jim Adney wrote in message . ..
On 1 Sep 2004 09:59:49 -0700 (Tom Bruhns) wrote:

Suggestion: just get a 100MHz TTL oscillator. I believe Harold
offered you one last time you posted about 100MHz xtals a couple years
ago. ECL won't have 2.5V output, but I could supply you with a nice
little PECL 100MHz VCXO that you could easily trim to "exactly"
100MHz. It will deliver about 800mV p-p into 50 ohms.

What is PECL?

What kind of stability and aging could I expect from this oscillator?

-
Jim Adney

Madison, WI 53711 USA

Old September 3rd 04, 06:35 PM
Leon Heller

"Tom Bruhns" wrote in message
m...
PECL = positive-supply ECL. It's set up to run from a +5V supply
(with the metal case grounded), instead of the usual -5.2V for ECL.
Has nothing to do with Plessey.

Yes, you are correct. Plessey used to make it. Please excuse my confusion.

Leon