Old September 3rd 04, 05:34 AM
Joel

Default Battery voltage indicator

I'm interested in building something to allow me to monitor the backup
battery voltage on our local repeater. I was thinking of using some CAT-1000
user input leads to be activated depending on the battery voltage. I could
probably use some comparators and logic to allow only one lead to be active,
depending on the battery voltage and then use that to activate a macro to
'say' the actual voltage. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any
thoughts on the idea and if maybe someone already created such an animal.

Joe AG4QC

Old September 3rd 04, 08:42 AM
Leon Heller

"Joel" wrote in message
I'm interested in building something to allow me to monitor the backup
battery voltage on our local repeater. I was thinking of using some

CAT-1000
user input leads to be activated depending on the battery voltage. I could
probably use some comparators and logic to allow only one lead to be

active,
depending on the battery voltage and then use that to activate a macro to
'say' the actual voltage. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any
thoughts on the idea and if maybe someone already created such an animal.

A microcontroller with an ADC would be the best way. I'd use the PIC 12F675
and output the voltage in Morse.

73, Leon