Old September 18th 04, 02:47 PM
Gregg

Default NEED: Schematics for building a broad band frequency jammer (FM 88M-108M)

Just use a Ramsay kit, wipe out whole goddam FM band in one go!

--
Gregg t3h g33k
"Ratings are for transistors....tubes have guidelines"
Old September 18th 04, 09:02 PM
J M Noeding

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:13:08 GMT, Jim Higgins wrote:

On 18 Sep 2004 04:55:52 -0700, in
,
(Nina) wrote:

I would like to build a broad band frequency jammer for the FM
broadcast band. I have neighbors that like to play that damn music too
loud all day long. I figure if they turn it load and their station
goes off the air for a while they might get the message. ;-) :-D
If they keep the volume at a respectful level they will be allowed to
listen to their music as they wish as long as I don't have to listen
to it at uncomfortable levels.
I know this is entirely illegal and don't care about it. This is war
(!!!)and I plan on winning.
If you have plans for something that would help me achieve my goal I
would like to hear of it. My electronics skills are advanced (I've
used to build and design "bugs" for many years, I own a good equipped
lab, enough that I could build a project.
I have some experience with rf broadcast circuits.
The proximity of the offending radio's location to my house is quite
near so I don't believe a transmitter with an overly large
power...something between 3-5W
will be enough...LOL....
I'm "jamming" this neighbour with a 5W transmitter, but have to change
the frequency MANUALLY as soon as he changes the station, so I cannot
figure out how to do it automatically...
I'll be VERY THANKFUL for your help and ideas
TIA Nina

Put a tone on your transmissions. Rig up a small circuit to
drive a stepper motor or a servo motor that will be used to tune
the transmiter. Rig up a microphone (with small parabolic
refelctor if necessary) to deceive the sound from the offending
radio and feed it to the control circuit which includes a tone
detector that stops the tuning when it hears the tone. Otherwise
the circuit should be set to tune from one end of the band to the
other. There's your automated jammer.

Don't get caught.

it appears that most of the proposers have little experience in this
field, the simplest 'jammer' would indeed have much more effect,
use slow morse cw transmitter
---
J. M. Noeding, LA8AK, N-4623 Kristiansand
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c.htm
Old September 18th 04, 09:05 PM
J M Noeding

(Nina) wrote:

[...]

use slow morse cw transmitter - preferably on a legal frequency, 6m
operation is often bad for interference
---