Old September 19th 04, 01:33 AM
Chris

Default MS1307 and IRF520 rumors

Maybe somebody here can answer my question. The MS1307 is a MOSFET used in
several HF amplifiers. All the ones I've seen have the numbers filed off. It
is rumoured that these are just IRF520's with the numbers removed. Has
anyone else heard this?

Chris

Old September 19th 04, 02:44 AM
Dana Myers

Chris wrote:
Maybe somebody here can answer my question. The MS1307 is a MOSFET used in
several HF amplifiers. All the ones I've seen have the numbers filed off. It
is rumoured that these are just IRF520's with the numbers removed. Has
anyone else heard this?

This page thinks so:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~barendh/Cateng/Cateng_fet.htm

25W HF power is not out of the question for an IRF520 @14V.
I used to get 40W on 20m out of IRF510s, the IRF520 probably
has less gain than the IRF510 but more power-handling ability.

Dana
Old April 22nd 11, 08:26 PM
Junior Member

Location: North Tyneside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Maybe somebody here can answer my question. The MS1307 is a MOSFET used in
several HF amplifiers. All the ones I've seen have the numbers filed off. It
is rumoured that these are just IRF520's with the numbers removed. Has
anyone else heard this?

Chris
I Have replaced the filed off mosfets with IRF510 and they have worked. But I think you are correct in assuming the IRF520 is the actual replacment.