Old October 30th 04, 11:18 PM
PDRUNEN

Default 915 MHz receiver?

Maybe someone can answer this question, I understand that the reciever for the
DirectTV box is around 1GHz, the 12GHz from the disk is down converted to this
range so that the loss in the cable can be less.

I have seen a few of the receivers around the yard sales for 5 bucks or less.
Complete systems for about 15 bucks.

I was considering getting one and see what I could do to make it usable at
around 915MHz. I also understand that voltage is on the cable and this could
be used to power a rf amp at the antenna end.

This reciever most likely has a wide bandwidth, which is good for some ATV
work.

Has anyone here opened the receiver box up to see what under the hood?

Maybe a tech site with data on the reciever?

Thanks!

Paul