Old December 4th 04, 11:26 PM
Sherman

Default health brew - fortifying beer with vitamins/minerals

Has anyone seen any data that says you can fortify your suds with
vitamins, minerals? I'm interested if there's any way to do that.
Maybe the only way is to put fortified breakfast cereal in your mash?

Old December 5th 04, 12:07 AM
Noise From Afar

Ah sorry but this is a news group about building Amateur Radio equipment,
and we call it homebrew.

Not about making beer.

Check your news group browser for one about homebrew beer

Sound good tho (;-)

--
ruido de icógnito

Old December 5th 04, 01:35 AM
default

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 15:26:47 -0800, Sherman wrote:

Has anyone seen any data that says you can fortify your suds with
vitamins, minerals? I'm interested if there's any way to do that.
Maybe the only way is to put fortified breakfast cereal in your mash?

Beer, particularly home brewed beer, is very high in vitamins
naturally. When one buys a "B" complex tablet, one is buying the
dregs of a brewer's fermentation vessel.

It is not required (or allowed in the US) to label the nutrient value
of beer. People might actually start drinking it for health reasons.
Yikes!

Off topic for sure. There does seem to be a positive correlation
between engineering and beer brewing. One for alt.beer.home-brewing
or alt.homebrewing

From http://www.restaurantreport.com/depa.../b_health.html

And if anyone is curious about the specific vitamin content of
beer, they need look no further than the legendary nutritional
information panel that appeared briefly on the six pack
carriers of Grant's Scottish Ale from Yakima, Washington.

Legendary? That's right, when the brewery made their the
nutritional information public back in the early 90s, (after all,
even bottled waters are required to display it), they got a call
from the Feds asking them to cease or desist, or something
like that. To this day, no beer carries any nutritional
information on its packaging.
Old December 5th 04, 04:17 PM
Killer Smurfs

"Sherman" wrote in message
Has anyone seen any data that says you can fortify your suds with
vitamins, minerals? I'm interested if there's any way to do that.
Maybe the only way is to put fortified breakfast cereal in your mash?

If you sell it publicly, you have to get it FDA approved as it is now a
"food", and label it IAW them.
That is why the industry has not put in B vitamins into alcoholic drinks,
unfortunately.

This is the wrong newsgroup for you.

Old December 5th 04, 11:19 PM
Sherman

Sorry, wrong group!

rec.crafts.brewing group is what i intended to post in, although I got
answers here! Thanks!

Making your own beer is remarkably easy and yes it is better for you.
Better tasting too, and cheaper. I also am a shortwave geek (SWLer).
Drop by for a listen and a pint.

From http://www.restaurantreport.com/depa.../b_health.html