Old December 31st 04, 03:55 AM
Kristinn Andersen, TF3KX

Default Direct conversion + DSP receiver for S-measurements?

Hi:

I am looking for a HF receiver (1,8-30 MHz) that I can use to measure
received signals and record the measurements into a PC for further
analysis. I do own an Icom IC746 that provides S-meter data, but it
has several shortcomings.

So, for example, I wonder if there are any new projects or kits around
that are based on the R1/R2 direct conversion design, but with the
addition of good quality DSP and a DDS oscillator? Something that
would give me digitized signals from a "general coverage" box.

Kanga seems to offer an advanced version of the R2, but with an analog
VFO and analog AF processing. Any other suggestions or pointers?

73 de Kristinn, TF3KX
Old December 31st 04, 07:15 AM
NM3R

Hi OM,
You may be interested in joining these Yahoo groups. It will probably
answer most of your questions.
73 de DJ, NM3R