Old January 10th 05, 08:20 PM

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 18:19:10 -0000, "Airy R.Bean"
wrote:

English is read from the top down

Japanese is read from the top down.

English is read from left to right.
Old January 10th 05, 09:54 PM
Mike Coslo

Airy R.Bean wrote:
Top posting _IS_ the preferred option, not the least reason
being that you get to see the new stuff immediately without
having to trawl through repeated stuff that you've
already seen.

We should get away from this silly top/bottom (actually interleaved)
posting argument and get to something that is important, like "how many
angels can dance on the head of a pin", Or "Can God make a burrito so
hot that he can't eat it?"

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old January 11th 05, 08:38 AM
Airy R.Bean

I agree entirely.

However, it is not the top-posters who originate
the rather silly neurotic threads on the matter. It is the
bottom-posters who so behave and so illustrate
their mental problems.

(As do religionists demonstrate their mental problems
in that they live in a world of make-believe)

The top-posters only exercise their right of reply to
state the truth that top-posting _IS_ the preferred option.

Old January 16th 05, 09:06 PM
Tony VE6MVP

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:27:08 -0000, "Airy R.Bean"
wrote:

The posting misquoted me as a bottom poster.

Ahh.

Top-posting is the preferred option - you get to
see the new content without having to page down
through loads of already-seen quotations.

That's your opinion. Not mine.

Tony

Old January 17th 05, 03:33 AM
Clarence_A

wrote:

The posting misquoted me as a bottom poster.

Ahh.

Top-posting is the preferred option - you get to
see the new content without having to page down
through loads of already-seen quotations.

That's your opinion. Not mine.

Tony

Bad manners are no excuse! Learn to be polite and follow the
rules!

Old January 17th 05, 05:38 AM
Tony VE6MVP

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 21:21:39 -0000, "Airy R.Bean"
wrote:

It's not just my opinion, it's the blatant truth that you get to
see the new content without having to page down
through loads of already-seen quotations.

However I also trim.

Tony
Old January 17th 05, 11:32 AM
Airy R.Bean

Your outburst below seems to be self-referential
in terms of bad manners.

There is no association with manners in the free and
personal choice of whether to post at the top or at the bottom,
it's just that - a free choice.

There is nothing that it impolite in exercising a free choice as to
style of presentation - if you think that there is - then you condemn
yourself by being impolite to those of us who are top-posters.

That you choose to target those whose choice is not your own
would seem to suggest that if anybody be the habitué of bad manners,
then it is you.

There are no rules on the matter.

Your post below is a shining example of why top-posting is the
better and preferred option, for, in order to read what you put,
a page down was necessary. Another example of bad manners
from you, in fact, because you inconvenience those who just sit
on the "next" button to thumb through a NG.

"Clarence_A" wrote in message
om...

Old January 17th 05, 01:59 PM
Clarence_A

"Airy R.Bean" wrote in message

snipped BS
"Clarence_A" wrote in message
om...

snipped BS

wrote:
The posting misquoted me as a bottom poster.
Ahh.
Top-posting is the preferred option - you get to
see the new content without having to page down
through loads of already-seen quotations.
That's your opinion. Not mine.

Bad manners are no excuse! Learn to be polite and follow the
rules!

Another bad mannered top poster made his insensitive obvious and
ignore good advice so attempt to prove his defective preference
for breaking rules and being a general pain!

What do you need to teach manners? I see your mother failed!
Also you are not even trying!

There are rules by convention. But you choose to ignore them.

Since we are all free to exercise one option. Finding a poster
where there is
no intelligence conveyed! PLONK!

BYE

Old January 17th 05, 02:23 PM
Airy R.Bean

For someone who is shouting the odds about
bad manners, your outburst below really takes
the biscuit. It is the most hypocritical of rudeness.

Conventions are not rules - if they were to be so, then
everyone, including you, would follow the convention
of top-posting.

As to your rather silly and infantile outburst below....

Firstly, it is random nonsense and complies with none
of the conventions (or, in your own logic, rules) of written
English - hypocrisy once again from you, it would seem.

Secondly, grow up, Clarence!

Stupid boy.