Old October 11th 17, 11:58 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Source of 9.455 or 8.545 MHz Xtals?

I have the 9 MHz Xtal filters for SSB and for CW from
the GQRP club for one of my RX projects, but for AM and FM
reception thought I'd heterodyne down to 455KHZ where it's
easier to manage the appropriate bandwidths.

Old October 11th 17, 03:46 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
I have the 9 MHz Xtal filters for SSB and for CW from
the GQRP club for one of my RX projects, but for AM and FM
reception thought I'd heterodyne down to 455KHZ where it's
easier to manage the appropriate bandwidths.

I had a look in the Junk mine. Closest I have is
8543.82

Brian
--
Brian Howie
Old October 11th 17, 05:11 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 11/10/2017 15:46, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
I have the 9 MHz Xtal filters for SSB and for CW from
the GQRP club for one of my RX projects, but for AM and FM
reception thought I'd heterodyne down to 455KHZ where it's
easier to manage the appropriate bandwidths.

I had a look in the Junk mine. Closest I have is
8543.82

Thanks for that stimulation, for anything that heterodynes
into the tuning range of 455 to 470 kHz IFTs will do
nicely, and I'm sure that I've loads in that range.

Old October 11th 17, 05:58 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
On 11/10/2017 15:46, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
I have the 9 MHz Xtal filters for SSB and for CW from
the GQRP club for one of my RX projects, but for AM and FM
reception thought I'd heterodyne down to 455KHZ where it's
easier to manage the appropriate bandwidths.

I had a look in the Junk mine. Closest I have is
8543.82

Thanks for that stimulation, for anything that heterodynes
into the tuning range of 455 to 470 kHz IFTs will do
nicely, and I'm sure that I've loads in that range.

Let me know if you want it; It's HC6/U. Going through the box I have
loads of ex PMR 11.155 MHz that do the same conversion for 10.7MHz first
IF.

Brian
--
Brian Howie

Old October 11th 17, 06:44 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 11/10/2017 17:58, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
On 11/10/2017 15:46, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
I have the 9 MHz Xtal filters for SSB and for CW from
the GQRP club for one of my RX projects, but for AM and FM
reception thought I'd heterodyne down to 455KHZ where it's
easier to manage the appropriate bandwidths.
Â*I had a look in the Junk mine. Closest I have is
8543.82

Thanks for that stimulation, for anything that heterodynes
into the tuning range of 455 to 470 kHz IFTs will do
nicely, and I'm sure that I've loads in that range.

Let me know if you want it; It's HC6/U. Going through the box I have
loads of ex PMR 11.155 MHz that do the same conversion for 10.7MHz first
IF.

Thank-you Brian, but I've loads of 8.86 (twice the 4.43361875 PAL
colour sub carrier) giving me 140 ish kHz and a couple of scrap
"geranium" LW RXs to suit.

Old October 12th 17, 11:15 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

[...]

You need a 140KHz CIO , but it could be LC down there.

Brian
--
Brian Howie
Old October 12th 17, 03:17 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 12/10/2017 11:15, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
On 11/10/2017 17:58, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs Computer
writes
On 11/10/2017 15:46, Brian Howie wrote:
In message , Gareth's Downstairs
ComputerÂ* writes
I have the 9 MHz Xtal filters for SSB and for CW from
the GQRP club for one of my RX projects, but for AM and FM
reception thought I'd heterodyne down to 455KHZ where it's
easier to manage the appropriate bandwidths.
Â*I had a look in the Junk mine. Closest I have is
8543.82

Thanks for that stimulation, for anything that heterodynes
into the tuning range of 455 to 470 kHz IFTs will do
nicely, and I'm sure that I've loads in that range.

Â*Let me know if you want it; It's HC6/U. Going through the box I have
loads of ex PMR 11.155 MHz that do the same conversion for 10.7MHz
firstÂ* IF.

Thank-you Brian, but I've loads of 8.86 (twice the 4.43361875 PAL
colour sub carrier) giving me 140 ish kHz and a couple of scrap
"geranium" LW RXs to suit.

You need a 140KHz CIO , but it could be LC down there.

Or even Sallen and Key with todays' low noise devices