Old December 2nd 17, 01:13 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Lego and experiments

Looking at my 50-year old dream (unkindly called
vapourware by some malicious sociopaths) to build
for myself a receiver to match the boat anchors
of old, I bethought me that every RX needs certain common features
in the way of PSU, preselector, Audio procrssing, RX/TX switching,
so why should these common functions not be provided in separate
metal boxes to be assembled in an ad hoc fashion in the style
of Lego***** when evaluating new experimental designs of the
parts that really matter?

Clearly there would have to be some form of metal sheet
baseboard to assemble upon to avoid earth loops etc

***** Unbeknown to most, the Lego brick was actually a British
invention by Hilary Fisher of Kiddiecraft and it was plagiarised
by Lego. Lego subsequently bought up the rights to the design
from Fisher's widow in order to make everything seemingly above board.