Old December 21st 17, 12:54 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Christmas Lights

Looking at the flashing lights adorning my wife's
Christmas tree, and noticing that there appears to
be two strings of LEDs from the same controller,
red / blue and yellow / green set me thinking (Always
a dangerous move! :-) )

I wonder if anyone has gone so far as to dismantle
for inspection the controller of these lights, for,
taking my cue from the telegraph signalling on
underwater cables, pos or neg for dot and dash
(or vice versa), perchance one could modify the
controller to send a season's greeting in Morse
Code (Really Vail Cypher) on the alternate colour
strings.

And, perhaps such a message would be more readable
if in addition to either string of LEDs, the dash
flash were to be three times as long as the dot flash?

Pepper and Salt to all !

(Seasoned Greetings :-) )

Old December 21st 17, 06:37 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Phi Phi is offline

"Gareth's Downstairs Computer"
wrote in message
news
Looking at the flashing lights adorning my wife's
Christmas tree, and noticing that there appears to
be two strings of LEDs from the same controller,
red / blue and yellow / green set me thinking (Always
a dangerous move! :-) )

I wonder if anyone has gone so far as to dismantle
for inspection the controller of these lights, for,
taking my cue from the telegraph signalling on
underwater cables, pos or neg for dot and dash
(or vice versa), perchance one could modify the
controller to send a season's greeting in Morse
Code (Really Vail Cypher) on the alternate colour
strings.

And, perhaps such a message would be more readable
if in addition to either string of LEDs, the dash
flash were to be three times as long as the dot flash?

Pepper and Salt to all !

(Seasoned Greetings :-) )

Not many could read it though, some thinking it is a fault.

Old December 21st 17, 06:55 PM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 21/12/2017 17:37, Phi wrote:

"Gareth's Downstairs Computer"
wrote in message
news
Looking at the flashing lights adorning my wife's
Christmas tree, and noticing that there appears to
be two strings of LEDs from the same controller,
red / blueÂ* and yellow / green set me thinking (Always
a dangerous move!Â* :-)Â* )

I wonder if anyone has gone so far as to dismantle
for inspection the controller of these lights, for,
taking my cue from the telegraph signalling on
underwater cables, pos or neg for dot and dash
(or vice versa), perchance one could modify the
controller to send a season's greeting in Morse
Code (Really Vail Cypher) on the alternate colour
strings.

And, perhaps such a message would be more readable
if in addition to either string of LEDs, the dash
flash were to be three times as long as the dot flash?

Pepper and Salt to all !

(Seasoned GreetingsÂ* :-)Â* )

Not many could read it though, some thinking it is a fault.

A good point. So, just like the undersea cables, restrict it
to evenly balanced cadence.

Lights Out, Detroit. DhiaDuit Shortwave 7 May 25th 12 03:00 PM
Red Lights Blue lights forsale r392 Scanner 0 May 27th 06 02:10 PM
Nothern lights KC8GXW Policy 0 April 9th 05 01:49 PM
Panel lights steve carey Equipment 0 April 28th 04 04:31 AM
Merry Christmas A Christmas gift to everyone Steve Stone Shortwave 1 December 20th 03 06:43 AM