RadioBanter

-   -   As good as was Heathkit! (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/252710-good-heathkit.html)

Gareth's Downstairs Computer January 20th 18 10:38 PM

As good as was Heathkit!

Having just put my name and shekels down for one
of the QRP Labs QCX transceivers, I bethought me
to download the assembly instructions, all 138 pages
in the PDF.

The step by step instructions are as good as were those
of Heathkit in their days.

For any newcomer prepared to put the effort in for
the reputed month at half hour per day to bring the Morse
up to speed*****, It seems to be an ideal way to get on the
air for little outlay but with a modern creation.

***** Cue : 13 year sneer from the usual nonces.