RadioBanter

-   -   T100 soldering irn (https://www.radiobanter.com/homebrew/258910-re-t100-soldering-irn.html)

Phi June 6th 18 08:14 PM

T100 soldering irn

+ACI-Guy G4DWV 4X1LT+ACI- +ADw-no-email+AEA-tardis.com+AD4- wrote in message
+AD4- It's amazing. I have had my TS 100 for a week now. Needs to be fed
+AD4- with 24v (and no more) for best results.
+AD4-
+AD4- If buying on eBay, AVOID the seller +ACI-keepsmywords2+ACI- or similar who
+AD4- ships from Ireland. After dealing with that seller, used another
+AD4- shipping from Germany for only a little bit more.
+AD4-
+AD4APg-Microprocessor controlled, keeps pumping heat into
+AD4APg-the tip if faced with a large area, eg, FGC tabs.
+AD4-
+AD4- It actually does not behave any differently to other irons in this
+AD4- respect. However, if you install third party firmware, you can press a
+AD4- button and get a temporary (configurable) increase in temp. Finger off
+AD4- the button and the iron cools to the regular temp.
+AD4-
+AD4- The great thing about it is that it is very light and does not take up
+AD4- a lot of room. With the third part firmware, one can program in a
+AD4- standby temp and a time when the iron will switch off. Not wasting
+AD4- power should make the greenies happy.
+AD4-
+AD4- Happy to answer questions if anybody wants any further info.
+AD4- --
+AD4- 73 de Guy G4DWV 4X1LT

Not suitable for jim....it's digital