Old January 21st 20, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [WB4SON] DX Labs working with WSJT-X

WB4SON

DX Labs working with WSJT-X

https://wb4son.com/wpblog/?p=3987

Between acting as the Pilot Station for W1SYEs Florida Islands Activation,
I managed to install DXLabs and now have it controlling my K3s, and have
pulled in all the log entries from my old HRD log.Â* LotW/tQSL have been
configured and DXKeeper is now uploading entries to LotW.

Ive completed the setup for WSJT-X (changing over to DXKeeper), and it is
working flawlessly.Â* It is even automatically uploading to LotW.Â* Ive seen
it work as 9G2HO is automatically uploading to LotW as well.Â* So Ive seen a
confirmation come in already, which proves things are working.

Lots to learn, but perhaps 1.5 hours spent so far today to get a logbook
that actually works and doesnt crash all the time.

No turning back.Â* Tomorrow I will look into QRZ and eQSL integration and
get those setup as well.

Moving on to DX Suite

https://wb4son.com/wpblog/?p=3985

Ive been a loyal paid supporter of HRD for a decade (back when
contributions were voluntary, and continuing through all the paid
subscriptions.Â* Like many others, I suffered through the exploits of one of
the owners, who was quite toxic, and was overjoyed when he was asked to
move on.Â* Immediately following that, life seemed to be wonderful with
frequent updates.

One or two years ago, HRD released a update which broke the log program.Â*
The symptom was either a crash of the log, or very slow (40 second or more
QRZ lookup).Â* The owner group was rather quick to fix that.

Sometime late last year, another update broke the same way.Â* There hasnt
been an update to fix things in months, and the processing of sub-modes for
FT4 still hasnt been fixed months later.

Bottom line is I am done.Â* Im so frustrated with Ham Radio Deluxe, that it
is worth the effort to change over to another system.

Within an hour I have brought everything over from HRD into DXKeeper, part
of the DX Suite of software.Â* Lots of stuff to configure, of course, but I
have things mostly working.

While I will miss the HRD Digital program that supported almost every
digital mode, these days the world is mostly RTTY/PSK/FT8/FT4.