Old April 5th 20, 01:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio

Default [M0NWK] Offset satellite dish for QO-100 Eshail-2 project

M0NWK

Offset satellite dish for QO-100 Eshail-2 project

http://www.m0nwk.co.uk/offset-satell...ail-2-project/

In February 2020 my 1.5 metre prime satellite dish was destroyed by strong
winds from storm Dennis. The dish was ripped from its mount overnight and I
found it at the end of my garden bent and dented. Beyond repair I had no
choice but to scrap it.

After a few weeks of searching I purchased a secondhand 1.5 metre x 1.7
metre offset dish.

This blog post contains pictures of the dish as it arrived. Soon I will be
making modifications as part of my QO-100 Eshail-2 project.

Click the continue button to see more.

After looking around lots of different websites I found this offset dish
for sale 16 miles away in Nottingham. I paid £40 for the dish and £15 for
delivery. This heavy-duty dish is made of steel and really good condition.

For development and testing purposes I temporarily mounted the dish on an
alloy pole I dug into the ground.

The dish came with two LNBs. I will remove these and replace with a
dual-band patch antenna. I am also going to replace the supporting arms
with new stronger and better quality ones.

The previous owner had ensured all of the bolts on the dish had been copper
greased so all nuts can be freed off easily.

The mounting and elevation bracket is heavy-duty and again each of the
bolts were copper greased so free off nicely for adjustment.

I am not sure if it is coincidence or not but the six holes on the mount
from my prime dish (below) line up exactly with the six holes on the offset
dish. I therefore intend on mounting the offset dish on this mount

Why not take a look at my YouTube channel hereÂ*or Twitter posts here.

You can also register for my website here.

Thanks

73 de M0NWK