Old January 31st 05, 01:16 PM

Default Radio battery installation

Is this hard? I have an alinco DR 590 that is acting funny. Checked the
battery and although it was keeping memory it showed less than a volt.

It is a BR 2032. Do these things come with the tabs already on the
battery when you buy them?

Old January 31st 05, 02:08 PM
Lou

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is this hard? I have an alinco DR 590 that is acting funny. Checked the
battery and although it was keeping memory it showed less than a volt.

It is a BR 2032. Do these things come with the tabs already on the
battery when you buy them?

Is this a "REPEAT" post? You've been asking the same questions for over 2
weeks now. As one other poster suggested, DO SOMETHING. For Christ's sakes,
you keep asking the same questions in like 5 different news groups, and
you've STILL not managed to get it in your head what they're trying to tell
you.

Getting help on line is good. I and I'm sure tons of others don't mind
helping, but for Christ's sakes - PUT IT TO ACTION.
If you can't figure it out by now, then get an ELMER near you to help out.
Otherwise, you're going to be a hell of a lot worse off than you are now,
and from the looks of things, that is pretty bad. In case you are clueless
as to an Elmer, it is a person with experience who can show you up close.
From the sounds of things, you SURE could use one.

Otherwise, I'm beginning to wonder if you're not either slightly mentally
deficient or a troll. NO ONE asks the same questions over a couple weeks and
gets answers and has to still ask the same questions.......

L.

Old January 31st 05, 03:49 PM
Larry Gagnon

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:08:38 -0500, Lou wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

it is a person with experience who can show you up close. From the sounds
of things, you SURE could use one.

Otherwise, I'm beginning to wonder if you're not either slightly mentally
deficient or a troll. NO ONE asks the same questions over a couple weeks
and gets answers and has to still ask the same questions.......

L.

Well said. This guy has been "plonked" by me for weeks now. It is a
pleasure to see intelligent questions once again.

Larry
--
********************************
to reply via email remove "fake"

Old January 31st 05, 05:28 PM
Allodoxaphobia

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 07:49:51 -0800, Larry Gagnon wrote:
On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 09:08:38 -0500, Lou wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

*PLONK*'ed for weeks by me, as well. He's been asking the most basic,
lame electronic/radio/antenna questions in a variety of ng's.

Kinda reminds me of a clueless fella I once had the 'pleasure' of
working with at an old $DAYJOB. He would ask me the most basic
(computer/programming) questions - that his resume claimed he had
down pat - and I got tired of it.
I told'im: "I don't mind answering questions. But, you had better not
ask me the same damn question more than once." (And, he had been...)
That seemed to have mostly solved the problem.
Later I learned that he started using a list of the "experts" at the
$DAYJOB, and was methodically going round-robin to ask his questions.
He finally (re)embellished his resume and moved on down the road to
a new, unfortunate employer.

Jonesy
Old January 31st 05, 03:29 PM
Galen Watts

Is this hard? I have an alinco DR 590 that is acting funny. Checked the
battery and although it was keeping memory it showed less than a volt.

Yep, time to replace it.

It is a BR 2032. Do these things come with the tabs already on the
battery when you buy them?

I looked up the data sheet for a BR2032,
http://tinyurl.com/67puy

and it doesn't show tabs attached. If your battery has tabs attached you may
want to contact Alinco and get a battery from them, soldering tabs on a battery
can be difficult to battery destructive. Check carefully, it may be a simple
battery holder and not attached clips. I have a DR570 that I haven't yet
replaced the backup battery, I'll look if I have time tonight.

Note that you will lose all memory in the radio when you replace the battery and
it's a good idea to do a full reset after replacing said battery, but from your
posts it looks like the radio is not so great in the memory department anyway,
an even better reason to do a full reset after a new battery.

Soldering the new battery in can be a challenge if you haven't done much
soldering or component removal/replacement, you may want to either find a friend
who solders well or take the radio to a repair shop and have them do it.

Good luck!
-Galen, W8LNA