Old October 2nd 05, 01:50 PM
Junior Member

I got a data sheet on 2K25 which is the same as 723.
How do I pass it to you?
dont mind the silly question-I am new to forum and its use.
And while on it may be you can tell me whether 1N23 available in a glass package and claimed to be Germanium would work just as well as 1N23B available in a ceramic package?
Another confusion-1N23B and with all its various suffixes is claimed to be Silicon. Could it be that 1N23 is Germanium and the others Silicon?
John
Old October 7th 05, 02:50 PM
Junior Member

Well this isnt a reply but extended question.
are DMJ4747 diodes from Alpha Industries and SEL DS332 Diodes from bomac Labs the same as 1N23--they look mechanically identical and are said to be microwave diodes. I am asking as I need them as detectors in X Band but the seller does not know.
John

Old October 7th 05, 06:34 PM

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 12:50:45 +0000, John Martin
wrote:

I got a data sheet on 2K25 which is the same as 723.
How do I pass it to you?
dont mind the silly question-I am new to forum and its use.
And while on it may be you can tell me whether 1N23 available in a
glass package and claimed to be Germanium would work just as well as
1N23B available in a ceramic package?
Another confusion-1N23B and with all its various suffixes is claimed to
be Silicon. Could it be that 1N23 is Germanium and the others Silicon?
John
Bill Janssen Wrote:

1N23B is a point contact silicon diode. For the ages that was the
closest thing to Shottkey and the diode for microwave. In a lot of
old hardware the newer shottkey diodes will easily replace the
1N23 series assuming no mechanical limitations.

FYI: the suffix specificied specific sorting of 1n23 for noise,
working frequency and threshold voltage.

Allison

wrote:
-
I'm the youngster -- 1938.

Seems that I'm in the right circle of 'Old Farts' to ask: Has anyone a
data sheet available on the 723A/B Reflex Klystron? These (along with
the 1N21 diodes) were used in the AN/APS-3 RADAR and since have found
use in physics demonstration devices, and to a limited extent ham
radio
(with modifications). It is basically a 3-cm or 10-GHZ oscillator.

I have a pin-out, but not a full-blown data sheet. Can anyone help me
out on this?

Thanks in advance, and 73's.

Harry C.

p.s. Evidently a large number of 723A/Bs were produced by Raytheon,
but
in spite of a 15-year employment with the Raytheon Company, I've never
been able to locate a data sheet. Evidently devices of this type were
heavily classified during WWII, and consequently most of the
documentation was classified and eventually, in accordance with
security instructions, destroyed.

-
Well I might have a Ham Radio Handbook with some data in it but I
don't
have a "data sheet".
I can tell you that about 250 Volts on the shell and minus 75 to 150
volts on the repeller will work.
You have to adjust the repeller voltage to get the maximum power. Also
the repeller voltage changes
the frequency. And if you adjust the mechanical frequency then the
repeller voltage must be changed.

Never never never run the Klystron without the minus repeller voltage

Hope that is useful.

Bill K7NOM

The FAQ (Well, Question 1, at least) Airy R.Bean Homebrew 20 February 22nd 05 07:04 PM
Interesting question JAMES HAMPTON CB 3 December 7th 04 09:34 AM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM
Question regarding police tactics and scanners noobie Scanner 0 July 29th 03 12:48 AM