Old March 24th 05, 05:44 AM
Bill N2CQR MOHBR

Default Homebrew RX

Dale: Inspirational. Very FB OM. I looked at all the pictures and
found good ideal in all of them. Thanks for posting this.

Others have commented on the ugliness deficit in your project. Of
course,
we're jealous, but I have to say that I've also found inspiration in
the
much uglier circuit pictures that show up in SSDRA and (more
recently), in Experimental Methods. I was reassured that the circuits
in those books sometimes looked even uglier than some of mine. (And
that's saying something).

So hey, maybe next time could you ugly it up a bit before taking the
pictures?
;-)

73

Bill M0HBR N2CQR CU2JL
http://planeta.clix.pt/n2cqr
Old March 24th 05, 01:31 PM
Dale Parfitt

"Bill N2CQR MOHBR" wrote in message
om...
Dale: Inspirational. Very FB OM. I looked at all the pictures and
found good ideal in all of them. Thanks for posting this.

Others have commented on the ugliness deficit in your project. Of
course,
we're jealous, but I have to say that I've also found inspiration in
the
much uglier circuit pictures that show up in SSDRA and (more
recently), in Experimental Methods. I was reassured that the circuits
in those books sometimes looked even uglier than some of mine. (And
that's saying something).

So hey, maybe next time could you ugly it up a bit before taking the
pictures?
;-)

73

Bill M0HBR N2CQR CU2JL
http://planeta.clix.pt/n2cqr

Hi Bill,
Hey, I tried; I took the pix before cable lacing!
When I sent Wes some of the early pictures, he did comment on the "lack of
ugliness". You guys are getting hard to please.
BTW, one of the thoughts that steered me along the way was to have a solid
state Drake 2B with a few more bells. One thing I lack, but could be added
is that wonderful Drake PBT. That is one advantage of the modular approach-
experimentation down the road.

Dale W4OP