Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 22nd 05, 11:41 AM
Steve Kavanagh

Default Help Identifying RF Power Transistors ?

I have a surplus board containing a number of RF power transistors.
The board is marked "65W PA" and appears to be for VHF or UHF FM
(bases are grounded). It appears to be of North American manufacture.
I removed the input transistor years ago. There are 4 stages left.
All use flange mount transistors with round ceramic cases (two devices
in push-pull in the output stage). The first (remaining) stage uses a
device in a .380" diameter 4-lead case. The rest are all 0.500"
diameter 6-lead cases. Each transistor has four lines of marking on
the case, which read as follows:

Stage 1: 947 7249-2 7901 C
Stage 2: C 185 281-1 912
Stage 3(driver): 947 7282-2 7200-9 C
Stage 4(output): C 185 283-2 008

Can anyone suggest part numbers for these transistors ?

73,
Steve VE3SMA