Old April 23rd 05, 10:14 PM
leon_it

Default Dip Meter with MFJ 259b

Hi to everyone,
anyone can provide me instructions appeared in the Nov 93 QST, pp 45-46, about
dip adapter for the MFJ analyzer ?
Thanks.
Old April 25th 05, 02:00 AM
Dale Parfitt

"leon_it" wrote in message
om...
Hi to everyone,
anyone can provide me instructions appeared in the Nov 93 QST, pp 45-46,

about
dip adapter for the MFJ analyzer ?
Thanks.

If you have not already bought the accessory- skip it. By far the worst
implementation of a dip meter I have ever seen. At the other end of the
scale is the Measurments Model 59, commonly available on EBay.
With it, you can dip the center of a 36" rod- and see a HUGE dip even while
inches away. The MFJ can't find it if it's on top of it- and most others
aren't much better.
Dale W4OP

Old April 25th 05, 02:40 PM
John - KD5YI

Dale Parfitt wrote:
"leon_it" wrote in message
om...

Hi to everyone,
anyone can provide me instructions appeared in the Nov 93 QST, pp 45-46,

about

dip adapter for the MFJ analyzer ?
Thanks.

If you have not already bought the accessory- skip it. By far the worst
implementation of a dip meter I have ever seen. At the other end of the
scale is the Measurments Model 59, commonly available on EBay.
With it, you can dip the center of a 36" rod- and see a HUGE dip even while
inches away. The MFJ can't find it if it's on top of it- and most others
aren't much better.
Dale W4OP

I have the MFJ with the accessory *and* the Model 59. I can't agree more
with Dale's assessment.

John