Old April 27th 05, 10:20 PM
Mauro

Default Searching for custom quartz producer.

I'm looking for a producer that can make 2 pieces of quartz at 268.435 MHz
(or 134.217MHz).
Any advice please?
Thanks.
Mauro

Old April 28th 05, 02:10 AM
Bob Stein

Mauro wrote:
I'm looking for a producer that can make 2 pieces of quartz at 268.435 MHz
(or 134.217MHz).
Any advice please?
Thanks.
Mauro

Try Vectron International (formerly Croven). They will make crystals to
order, but it will cost you. I do not know anything about the name
change, but Croven crystals were, and probably still are, the best that
money could buy.

Bob

--
Remove spam-suppression X from my address
Old April 28th 05, 02:37 AM
atec

Mauro wrote:
I'm looking for a producer that can make 2 pieces of quartz at 268.435 MHz
(or 134.217MHz).
Any advice please?
Thanks.
Mauro

Plenty in AUstralia :_)
http://www.yellowpages.com.au
star and lots of others , about 10 days turn around .
Old April 28th 05, 01:20 PM
xpyttl

International Crystal, of course.

Beware, however. These people are perfectionists and simply specifying
268.435 MHz isn't enough. The oscillation frequency depends on a number of
factors, and they will expect you to know all about the circuit you are
going to use the rock in.

Sounds like a mighty high frequency rock, though. If such a thing can be
made, don't expect it to be cheap.

Old April 28th 05, 03:34 PM
Odd Erling N. Eriksen

Mauro wrote:

I'm looking for a producer that can make 2 pieces of quartz at 268.435 MHz
(or 134.217MHz).

-I have ordered crystals from www.eska.dk on several occasions. The
highest frequency one they've cut for me was approx. 150MHz (LO in an AIS
receiver w/10M7 IF).

Worked a charm and didn't cost too much, either. Think I paid approx.
EUR15 a piece at 10pcs and two week delivery.

--
73 de LB1LF

Odd Erling, ARK

Actual newspaper headline: "Kids Make Nutritious Snacks"

Old April 28th 05, 09:00 PM
Mauro

Thank you all for advice.
Yes i know that just frequency is not enough for ordering a crystal.
The only problem is that in general the minimum lot is 10 pieces!
The need is for a DDS with AD9951. At that freq the microcode to drive the
DDS will be very simple: i'll have just to enter the freq and shift a
register 4 time.
No multiply or division that usually are slow algoritm. And resolution will
be 1Hz.
Thank again.
73 Mauro - i2suh