Old May 3rd 05, 09:17 AM
Alain

Default Yig connector pinouts ?

Hello,
I need some information concerning the YIG OSCILLATOR 2.05 - 4.1 GHz HP
08555-60081 (HP8555A), how they works and connector pinouts.
Regards Alain (f1mdt)

X (remove X)

Old May 3rd 05, 06:10 PM
John Miles

In article ,
says...
Hello,
I need some information concerning the YIG OSCILLATOR 2.05 - 4.1 GHz HP
08555-60081 (HP8555A), how they works and connector pinouts.
Regards Alain (f1mdt)

X (remove X)

Grab the 8555A manual from BAMA at
http://bama.sbc.edu/hp.htm . It will
tell you how the YIG is hooked up.

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam

Old May 4th 05, 09:47 PM
Ian Jackson

In message , John
Miles writes
In article ,
says...
Hello,
I need some information concerning the YIG OSCILLATOR 2.05 - 4.1 GHz HP
08555-60081 (HP8555A), how they works and connector pinouts.
Regards Alain (f1mdt)

X (remove X)

Grab the 8555A manual from BAMA at
http://bama.sbc.edu/hp.htm . It will
tell you how the YIG is hooked up.

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam

I can get to nothing to download from any of the links for any of the
manufacturers. All I get is the famous 'The page cannot be displayed'
message. Is it just me?
Ian.

Old May 5th 05, 12:30 AM
Bill Janssen

Ian Jackson wrote:

In message ,
John Miles writes

In article ,
says...

Hello,
I need some information concerning the YIG OSCILLATOR 2.05 - 4.1
GHz HP
08555-60081 (HP8555A), how they works and connector pinouts.
Regards Alain (f1mdt)

X (remove X)

Grab the 8555A manual from BAMA at
http://bama.sbc.edu/hp.htm . It will
tell you how the YIG is hooked up.

-- jm

http://www.qsl.net/ke5fx
Note: My E-mail address has been altered to avoid spam

I can get to nothing to download from any of the links for any of the
manufacturers. All I get is the famous 'The page cannot be displayed'
message. Is it just me?
Ian.

Don't know about "page cannot be displayed" message but when I checked
the BAMA
site recently they had removed all HP material.

Bill K7NOM

Old May 5th 05, 04:41 AM
John Miles

In article , says...
Ian Jackson wrote:

[...]

There were some legal issues, but the BAMA maintainer was able to work
through them with Agilent. The HP content is back up, as of a few days
ago.

Supposedly there is an effort under way at Agilent to gather and
distribute .PDF manuals directly.

Apart from that, it appears that a ham in Israel has posted a link to
the 8555A YIG connection specs as part of an auction for one of the YIGs
in question:

I have no affiliation with this seller, etc., etc.

Old May 5th 05, 06:31 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Bill Janssen wrote:

Don't know about "page cannot be displayed" message but when I checked
the BAMA site recently they had removed all HP material.

They are supposed to be putting it back after Agilent changed their
policy on out of print materials.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old May 5th 05, 09:10 PM
Ian Jackson

In message , Bill Janssen
writes
Ian Jackson wrote:

I can get to nothing to download from any of the links for any of the
manufacturers. All I get is the famous 'The page cannot be displayed'
message. Is it just me?
Ian.

Don't know about "page cannot be displayed" message but when I checked
the BAMA
site recently they had removed all HP material.

Bill K7NOM

With me, it's more than HP. Nothing seems to download.
It would be a wonderful source of information if it worked.
Ian.

Old May 5th 05, 11:08 PM
Michael A. Terrell

Ian Jackson wrote:

In message , Bill Janssen
writes
Ian Jackson wrote:

I can get to nothing to download from any of the links for any of the
manufacturers. All I get is the famous 'The page cannot be displayed'
message. Is it just me?
Ian.

Don't know about "page cannot be displayed" message but when I checked
the BAMA
site recently they had removed all HP material.

Bill K7NOM

With me, it's more than HP. Nothing seems to download.
It would be a wonderful source of information if it worked.
Ian.
--

Have you tried the mirror site?

BAMA is now being mirrored! Through the generosity of Bob Duckworth,
AH7I and Ed Kujawski, a mirror of the BAMA ftp site is now available.
The mirror is a web site, so you will see the ftp archives when you
click on the mirror address below. You may find it helpful to look for
your manual using the BAMA site and then click on the mirror site,
navigate to the file that you want and download it. Please point your
browsers to http://bama.edebris.com

The main BAMA site is limited to ten simultaneous connections for
downloading. The new site allows 5 additional connections between 7AM
and 6PM Eastern, 15 between 6PM and 9PM and 50 between 9PM and 7AM.
That's right! Between 9PM and 7AM Eastern Time, there will be slots for
50 users on http:bama.edebris.com and 10 on http://bama.sbc.edu