Old May 17th 05, 07:50 PM
Mike W

Default FT980 PLL Problem help pse

Hi folks, help needed I'm afraid.

I appear to have a problem with my FT980's PLL. I'm hoping its a stock
fault and someone can point to the fault, but knowing my luck...

Its hard to describe what its doing, but it seems to be either going
out of lock every 1Khz or so, or its getting something in the loop
div/N wrong in some way. It currently appears to be heat sensitive and
intermittant but I hope to get further and more useful description of
the symptoms later. As far as I can tell, the CPU is functioning
correctly and is driving the display etc ok.

Anyone care to describe how the thing works in simple terms? or know
of a fairly straightforward test to determine the source of the
problem.
I have the users manual and the technical manual from
http:\\www.mods.dk in PDF form but nothing there seems to be all that
useful at present.
I hope someone can help, all the best, Mike W