Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 18th 05, 06:25 AM
gb

"Tim Wescott" wrote in message
Bernard wrote:

I have looked at homebrewing an FM 2-meter XCVR and already got help from
this group. The goal is to spend time on something that others could
duplicate and not work on a one of a kind.

First, why homebrewing ? Two reasons:

1) It is homebrewed
2) There is room for a "powerful" microprocessor that will do other
things (APRS is one of them)

8) PLL: I am currently leaning towards National (LMX2306 or similar).
They are cheap and available. NS has a nice PLL design tool online but
the tool tries to convince me to switch to a better a part that I won't
be able to handle (leadless package). It is clear that the new
generations IC's are not designed for hand soldering at home...

This is why God made Toaster Ovens. Do a web search on "toaster oven
reflow".
Tim Wescott

Seattle Robotics is the group that uses the toaster oven for reflow. It
actually works very well !
'Have you seen my new soldering Iron? by Kenneth Maxon
http://www.seattlerobotics.org/encod...6/oven_art.htm

g. beat
w9gb