Old May 24th 05, 12:28 AM
Kaz

Default Nuts for a project 1/4-32 = 6-2 but 1/4 inch across flats Where?

I need a source for "reduced standard" nuts.
These are 6-32 thread, but 1/4 across the flats instead of 5/16 inch.
Prefer brass, but steel will work.
Only need about 50 so distributors with minimum orders are out.
Mouser is close, but no go.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kaz

Old May 24th 05, 01:12 AM
Bill

Kaz wrote:

I need a source for "reduced standard" nuts.
These are 6-32 thread, but 1/4 across the flats instead of 5/16 inch.
Prefer brass, but steel will work.
Only need about 50 so distributors with minimum orders are out.
Mouser is close, but no go.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kaz

Try http://www.mcmaster.com

-Bill
Old May 24th 05, 03:42 AM
Harold E. Johnson

I need a source for "reduced standard" nuts.
These are 6-32 thread, but 1/4 across the flats instead of 5/16 inch.
Prefer brass, but steel will work.
Only need about 50 so distributors with minimum orders are out.
Mouser is close, but no go.

Those are called "small pattern nuts" and are readily available at a good
hardware store. Available among many at "Bolts and nuts" in Asheville, NC.
Will sell you 1 or 100 .

W4ZCB

W4ZCB

A good source to know about is McMaster-Carr at www.mcmaster.com

They have an amazing variety of fasteners and materials and tools.

Not the cheapest always, but no minimum order and next day delivery to
most places in the US.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old May 24th 05, 09:59 AM
Highland Ham

I need a source for "reduced standard" nuts.
These are 6-32 thread, but 1/4 across the flats instead of 5/16 inch.
Prefer brass, but steel will work.
Only need about 50 so distributors with minimum orders are out.
Mouser is close, but no go.

Thanks for any suggestions,

====================================
I thought that by putting 10 to 20 standard nuts side by side tight on a
screw ,you could quickly grind the lot to size. Especially with brass,
filing to size ,by clamping in a vice, would be a snip.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Old May 24th 05, 10:02 AM
Kaz

Thanks for the suggestions.
The "small pattern" helped, but have to question the "readily available"
part.
I called all the main hardwares in my area and no luck.
Did find in McMaster, but steel not brass. Guess they will have to do, and
match the plated solder lugs anyway.
Thanks again.
Kaz

Old May 24th 05, 12:59 PM
xpyttl

"Kaz" wrote in message
Thanks for the suggestions.
The "small pattern" helped, but have to question the "readily available"
part.
I called all the main hardwares in my area and no luck.
Did find in McMaster, but steel not brass. Guess they will have to do, and
match the plated solder lugs anyway.
Thanks again.
Kaz

Look for contractor supplies and the like. Even out here in the boonies we
have an outlet that specializes in fasteners. Their store is a huge
warehouse with nothing but nuts and bolts. Not a regular hardware but a
place the caters to contractors.

If nothing local try www.almabolt.com