Old June 22nd 05, 03:01 PM
Heytubeguy

Default FA:Mcurdo Silver 5C,Extremely rare.later today

1932/33 McMurdo Silver 5C to be listed later (~9-9:30 PM CDT) today:
Extremely RARE and in working condition, a very nice McMurdo Silver 5C,
Super het of 1932/33 that was featured at the Science Exhibit at Chicago
Worlds Fair. BE ADVISED: if you are looking for a receiver that out performs
the likes of R-2000, HQ-180, etc, pse do not bid-have a nice day. This radio
is for the serious collector that appreciates such a exceptionally rare
antique. I copied SSB on 20 m and 70m this AM BUT I had only an attic
antenna so signals were not as strong as they should be. Covers 1.7-4, 5-12,
& 9-22 mhz. Mid-band is the 'hottest and 10 Mhz WWV is basically right on. I
received noise on 1.7-4 (ant?) but it is receiving a 4 Mhz sig generator
output quite well. Sensitivity drops on the higher band but receives AM
broadcast stations in the 18-9 Mhz region. Unpacked weight is 28 lbs and ~
34 lbs with the 11" speaker! I highly recommend professional packing, but I
will ship in a very large box for protection. FULL INSURANCE IS REQUIRED--NO
EXCEPTIONS. This unit is NOT MINT ( which means NEW to me) and if I were to
keep it I would continue to make a few more corrections. It IS very clean.
All tubes check way beyond minimum. All shields in place though may not be
original. Front is crisp and clearly printed (repainted?). SPEAKER INCLUDED;
no cabinet however.Sounds great.
From: heytubeguy on ebay.