Old July 1st 05, 03:10 PM

Default IF question

Hi Group,

Radios like my FT-757 and FT-101 have an IF output. If I take this
output to a spectrum analyizer and the SA center frequency is set the
same as the IF frequency, will I have a spectrum monitor which will
display over the complete bandwidth?

If so, is the BW of an IF generally large enought to view the complete
band?

de KJ4UO

Old July 1st 05, 06:20 PM
Joe McElvenney

Hi,

Radios like my FT-757 and FT-101 have an IF output. If I take this
output to a spectrum analyizer and the SA center frequency is set the
same as the IF frequency, will I have a spectrum monitor which will
display over the complete bandwidth?

While it will obviously depend on the particular radio, a lot
of rigs take their output from in front of the first IF filter and
so can diplay several MHz either side of center. My Kenwood
TS-850S(AT) and HP141T combo works fine in this way.

Cheers - Joe, G3LLV