Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 3rd 05, 06:17 AM

Default PSpice help needed

I've started using PSpice as part homebrewing and design efforts. It
is very interesting, and a great way to check out ideas before
committing them to actual PC boards.

Some questions:

The version I downloaded has some limitations in the parts libraries.
For example, I can't find many of the common parts used by ham
homebrewers: MPf102 JFETS, NE602 mixers, etc. Where can I find the
PSpice models of these parts? Has anyone developed a library of ham
homebrew .MOD files for the parts we use?

I've (sort of) figured out how to put an impedance matching transformer
into the circuits. I select what they call a "non-linear" transformer
(bad name I think) and this allows me to set the coupling coefficient
and the turns on the primary and the secondary. But what about the
core material, toroid vice no-toried, bifilar windings, etc. Is there
a way of plugging in the kinds of toroids we use?

Also, I'd be interested in hearing from other amateur homebrewers who
are using Pspice in their solder-melting activities.

Thanks and 73

Bill N2CQR M0HBR CU2JL
http://www.qsl.net/n2cqr