Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 17th 05, 05:49 AM

Default 73' mag article "TV/VCR TUNER APPLICATIONS by W6WTU

Hi group,

W6WTU put out 3 articles in 73' from April 97 to June 97.

I have the second and third, can not locate the April 97 mag in my
collection.

Anyone with a scan could capture that article would be do me a good ham
favor. I tryed a email address for Hugh, W6WTU but since no reply it
could be an old email. Maybe he will see this post.

Basically seeing a bit of VCR dump as most all are moving over to DVD.
I can get VCR from 5 to 15 dollar range and can locate co-workers
willing to part with an old VCR for the asking.

There I can remove the tuner and make some interesting projects.
Currently I have not made anything yet, just beginning. I have a tuner
I removed out of an VCR and I am now looking for information about it.

It looks like a panasonic but has a 205052S on it, no telling. There
is an exposed card with PINS in ORDER starting from the left

BT
GND
IF
AGC
NC
AUDIO
NC
AFC
+B
GND

THE OTHER pins are under the metal can and I did not see a name of the
PCB either.

Maybe someone can share information about the signals and possible id
the manufacturer by the line up?

Another question, I have a UHF tuner taken from a set made in the '80
and it has a knob to rotate to select one of 84 channels.

Out of the tuner is two wires and a RCA jack which goes back up to the
VHF tuner.

Can any one tell me was IF frequeny is coming out of the tuner and what
mine be the volt on the other two wires? The set was an RCA portable
unit.

Paul KJ4UO

Balanced vs. Unbalanced Tuner greg knapp 5 Antenna 18 July 26th 05 12:26 PM
Want Money? Try this Out gh CB 1 March 24th 05 10:27 AM
The FAQ (Well, Question 1, at least) Airy R.Bean Homebrew 20 February 22nd 05 07:04 PM
The FAQ (Well, Question 1, at least) Airy R.Bean General 20 February 22nd 05 07:04 PM
FT857 mobile 80m tuner? Mark Turner Equipment 0 September 4th 03 08:02 PM