Old August 22nd 05, 10:25 AM
JAVI

Default TS 140S PROBLEM

Hello:
I have a problem with my ts140s. After 3 year of inactivity i power
up my all transceiver and it stay 1 month powered but not transmiting.
after that i note:
-when i rotate the know down slowly the frecuency goes up 1.9
khz per step.
- when i rotate the knob down fast the frecuency goes down ok
(fast).
- when i rotate the knob up slowly the frecuency goes up ok (0.1
khz up).
- when i rotate the knob up fast it works ok.

I reset the microprocesor but the bug don=B4t fix.
Any idea about the problem???.
Many thanks an 73.

Old August 22nd 05, 01:22 PM
Scott

Does the TS 140S have a "button type battery" to power memory circuits
for the CPU? If so, maybe it needs to be replaced. If it does and you
replace it, remember to reset the CPU after replacing the battery...

Scott
N0EDV

JAVI wrote:

Hello:
I have a problem with my ts140s. After 3 year of inactivity i power
up my all transceiver and it stay 1 month powered but not transmiting.
after that i note:
-when i rotate the know down slowly the frecuency goes up 1.9
khz per step.
- when i rotate the knob down fast the frecuency goes down ok
(fast).
- when i rotate the knob up slowly the frecuency goes up ok (0.1
khz up).
- when i rotate the knob up fast it works ok.

I reset the microprocesor but the bug donīt fix.
Any idea about the problem???.
Many thanks an 73.

Old August 22nd 05, 03:02 PM
JAVI

Hello Scott:
i thought about it, but it=B4s stranger the knob work correctly
when iturn the knob down (up work correctly).
Many thanks for info, this is the next test i will make. maybe
today.
73

Old August 22nd 05, 02:57 PM
Andrew VK3BFA

JAVI wrote:
Hello:
I have a problem with my ts140s. After 3 year of inactivity i power
up my all transceiver and it stay 1 month powered but not transmiting.
after that i note:
-when i rotate the know down slowly the frecuency goes up 1.9
khz per step.
- when i rotate the knob down fast the frecuency goes down ok
(fast).
- when i rotate the knob up slowly the frecuency goes up ok (0.1
khz up).
- when i rotate the knob up fast it works ok.

I reset the microprocesor but the bug don=B4t fix.
Any idea about the problem???.
Many thanks an 73.

No, I cant tell you whats wrong. You need to get a service manual, and
a cro, and have a look for it - starting at the output of the dial
generator and going from there. Maybe someone else has seen this exact
fault before, and can say which $.00 part to replace.

73 de VK3BFA Andrew