Old September 11th 05, 08:34 PM

Default Amphenol Microphone Connectors (Heathkit, etc.)

I'm selling my excess of new Amphenol microphone connectors on eBay. I
had to purchase a box of 25, but I only need 3, so I'm selling the
balance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Those of you who would be interested in these items know what they are
and how difficult to find today.

Harry C.

Old September 12th 05, 03:17 AM
Michael A. Terrell

I'm selling my excess of new Amphenol microphone connectors on eBay. I
had to purchase a box of 25, but I only need 3, so I'm selling the
balance.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Those of you who would be interested in these items know what they are
and how difficult to find today.

Harry C.

Your E-bay ad is very misleading. First of all, the Amphenol logo on
the box is from the '70s, not the '50s.

While it is true that Amphenol no longer makes that connector, its
because they sold that product line to WPI
http://www.wpi-interconnect.com/ several years ago.

Switchcraft http://www.switchcraft.com/ 2501 series is a fully
compatible, and better quality connector line. Then there are still
imported connectors that mate with this old industry standard.

$10 each is an outrageous price. You can find these at a lot of
online surplus dealers and almost any place that deals in older musical
equipment.

BTW, I still have 3 of the 2501F Switchcraft connectors for $3.50
each, and a good supply of the self shorting 2501 MP chassis mount
connector that short circuits the input when you remove the connector
for $2 each. This item is NLA from the OEM. I got a good price from a
surplus dealer who doesn't have any idea what they are, so I bought 25
to replace all of the microphone connectors on my restored antique test
equipment.

http://home.earthlink.net/~mike.terrell/Epcon.html Note: the current
stock on the shorting connector is shown as 3, but I can still get about
1000 additional connectors.
--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old September 12th 05, 11:56 PM

Mike, I don't know what kind of a hair you have up your ass, but I
strongly suspect the motivation for your post is that you have some
off-shore made cheap Amphenol imitations to sell.

You posted:

Your E-bay ad is very misleading. First of all, the Amphenol logo
on
the box is from the '70s, not the '50s.

I simply included a photo of the box so people would realize that these
are actual Amphenol connectors rather than some cheap, oriental,
knock-off. The fact is that identical Amphenol made high impedance
microphone connectors of this manufacture and type have been in
continuous use since the late 1940s. My first exposure to them was on
Sears "Wire Recorders" circa 1949, and years later Pentron tape
recorders during the mid-1950s. Sir, you are obviously too young to
remember these days, or too ignorant to recognize truth in advertising
when you see it!

"While it is true that Amphenol no longer makes that connector, its
because they sold that product line to WPI
http://www.wpi-interconnect.com/ several years ago."

....And who produces a cheap, off-shore manufactured imitation of the
original Amphenol's. What was sold to WPI was not the tooling, but use
of the brand name only. Sheesh...you really have no clue!

"Switchcraft http://www.switchcraft.com/ 2501 series is a fully
compatible, and better quality connector line. Then there are still
imported connectors that mate with this old industry standard. "

Switchcraft product were never in the same league with those of
Amphenol, and most are/were imported crap.

" $10 each is an outrageous price. You can find these at a lot of
online surplus dealers and almost any place that deals in older musical

equipment. "

Read my ad again. The starting bid price is $7.50 inclusing packing and
shipping. The $10 price is for Buy It Now, and also includeds free
shipping.

"BTW, I still have 3 of the 2501F Switchcraft connectors for $3.50
each, and a good supply of the self shorting 2501 MP chassis mount
connector that short circuits the input when you remove the connector
for $2 each. This item is NLA from the OEM. I got a good price from a
surplus dealer who doesn't have any idea what they are, so I bought 25
to replace all of the microphone connectors on my restored antique test

equipment."

Good for you. Does that $3.50 price include free packing, shipping,
eBay and Paypal fees for youur offshore produced crap, or are you going
to shaft your buyers with another $3.00 for packing and shipping?

My connectors are real Amphenols and being sold postpaid. Are yours?

Harry C.

Old September 13th 05, 12:13 AM

Michael, as an afterthought....

I'll immediately send you a Paypal payment for $3.50, if you'll send
me one of your "Imitation Amphenol" connectors postpaid (just like I am
selling my genuine Amphenols) so that I can examine it and compare the
quality of your product with that of Amphenol's (construction, plating,
solderability, etc.).

I'll even photograph the two different products side-by-side and email
the photo to any newsgroup reader requesting it so they can make up
their own minds. Is that fair or not?

Put up or shut-up!

Harry C.

Old September 13th 05, 01:33 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Michael, as an afterthought....

I'll immediately send you a Paypal payment for $3.50, if you'll send
me one of your "Imitation Amphenol" connectors postpaid (just like I am
selling my genuine Amphenols) so that I can examine it and compare the
quality of your product with that of Amphenol's (construction, plating,
solderability, etc.).

I'll even photograph the two different products side-by-side and email
the photo to any newsgroup reader requesting it so they can make up
their own minds. Is that fair or not?

Put up or shut-up!

Harry C.

Switchcraft is not "Imitation Amphenol" It is an american made
product. I can get you a picture of it if you want. Obviously you have
never used anything from Switchcraft, or you wouldn't question the
quality. It was used in a lot of military and industrial grade
equipment, where I have seen more ham gear with Amphenol connectors.

As far as Paypal goes, I do not have an account. I don't buy or sell
on E-bay, so i really don't need one. The parts i have for sale are the
leftovers where I shut down my business due to failing health. I would
rather sell them cheap than have them end up in a landfill. I used to
sell at a half dozen hamfests every year, but I can't make the long
trips anymore. That leaves the Ocala hamfest that is within my driving
range, and the locals already know how to find me. I did commercial
sound, broadcast and industrial work. I only used Switchcraft, because
of their quality and a reasonable delivery time. At the time they were
a division of Raytheon, who was a large defense contractor.

Here is one online photo of the Switchcraft 2501F connector at Allied
Electronics:
http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/ProductDetail.asp?SKU=932-1045

http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=ISO-8859-1&newwindow=1&q=switchcraft+2501F&btnG=Search
has 190 pages that sell or mention the Switchcraft 2501 F connector

http://www.stkcheck.com/evs/mfg2.asp?mfg=SWITCHCRAFT&urlpath=&urltext=&DX=&par t=2501F&stype=Search
is a page of distributors with it in stock.

I can ship you one of the connectors if you want it. $3.50 plus
whatever the postage is for the padded bag. Never a handling charge.
--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old September 13th 05, 01:45 AM

Michael responded:

"I can ship you one of the connectors if you want it. $3.50 plus
whatever the postage is for the padded bag. Never a handling charge."

But you didn't state what postage is, or address the difference between
your Swithcraft products and those of a real Amphenol product. You
also didn't specify what the postage charge would be.

I suppose that I'm a little more open and upfront that you. If you
purchase one if these connectors from me, they will be original
Amphenol products and shipping is FREE.

I take it that you are declining my previous offer. Your connectors are
imitations, and their cost is not $3.50 but $3.50 plus whatever you
deiced to charge for shipping. My price is at auction $7.50 with no
shipping charges, and this is for original Amphenol products in shiny
new condition.

What's the bottom line price, including shipping, or your Amphenol
look-alike connectors?

Harry C.

Old September 13th 05, 02:08 AM

Michael posted:

"As far as Paypal goes, I do not have an account. I don't buy or sell
on E-bay, so i really don't need one."

So, why are you posting objections to those of us on eBay and Paypal
who have earned a credible history of performance over the years. We
who use eBay have no knowledge of who you are (because you have no
feedback history), so you could equally be a nice guy or a scam artist.
If you don't want, or don't have an eBay history, and are selling items
on the Internet, chances are that you are some type of scam artist, and
put-down those that would otherwise (based on their established history
of good dealings) pose a competition for you.

On eBay, before sending any seller money, most of us will look up
his/her eBay history. This tells a lot of information, and trust. Not
having a history on eBay, were I to send you $3.50 for one of your
connectors, I would be taking a risk...but not a large risk since the
amount is only $3.50, Were you no a listed and registed seller on
eBay, I wouldn't send you anything...except in this test case...because
you have no established credibility. Same thing holds true, if you
don't have a certified address on Paypal, in which case I can send you
nothing.

You have evidenced a very loud mouth, and evidently decline my posted
challenge. So....please go away!

Harry C.