Old September 17th 05, 11:03 AM
Polymath

Default Recommended reading for _REAL_ Radio Hams

ISBN 0-7506-9946-9

"RF Circuit Deign"
By
Chris Bowick

Pub. Newnes.

I've just got a new copy from Ottakar's; it is
still in print (just) =A321-99pp for 176 pages packed
full of concise info about RF circuits, LC filters
(especially the bits about use of an L-network to
match ant to TX) together with a good analysis of
the Smiff (That's _TWO_ "f"'s) Chart and how to use it.

This was recommended to me by my current employers (apparently
the book is held in high regard in Japan). I only
wish that I had come across it before.

Old September 17th 05, 11:28 AM
Steve H

Looks a tad basic,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/07...56#reader-page

"Polymath" wrote in message
oups.com...
ISBN 0-7506-9946-9

"RF Circuit Deign"
By
Chris Bowick

Pub. Newnes.

I've just got a new copy from Ottakar's; it is
still in print (just) £21-99pp for 176 pages packed

Old September 17th 05, 11:29 AM
Brian Reay

"Steve H" wrote in message
Looks a tad basic,
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/reader/07...56#reader-page

"Polymath" wrote in message
oups.com...
ISBN 0-7506-9946-9

"RF Circuit Deign"
By
Chris Bowick

This was recommended to me by my current employers (apparently
the book is held in high regard in Japan). I only
wish that I had come across it before.

I have to agree Steve, a tad basic. Unless, of course, your employer has
spotted you lack the basics.

--
73
Brian, G8OSN

Old September 17th 05, 12:01 PM
Polymath

Now, what was that observation that Walt made?

Ah! Here it is.....

Oh my.

I've never encountered anyone else who is such a master of the
thinly-veiled jibe and the "I'm superior to you" innuendo in every
situation.

Now, Brian, here's that opportunity for you to put your money
where your mouth is.....which particular parts of the book do
you "agree..... are a tad basic". Please reply within 2 minutes so
that you don't have time to consult the book (perhaps for the
very first time?), or else be seen for ever hereafter as a
laughing stock, and a LIAR.

As for employers who spot your deficiencies, who was the "south
coast defence employer" who sacked you and as the result of which
you couldn't get another job and had to go into teaching?
("Those that can, do. Thos that can't, teach, etc etc"?)

Old September 17th 05, 12:06 PM
Polymath

No reply from Brian Reay, who thus may be taken
as a liar and a bull****ter (if he wasn't so taken
already).

All mouth and trousers.

Old September 18th 05, 12:51 AM
Wankel Rotary

Polymath wrote:
No reply from Brian Reay, who thus may be taken
as a liar and a bull****ter (if he wasn't so taken
already).

All mouth and trousers.

We don't all have empty lives like you that enable us to sit and spout
**** on the internet all day.

Seeing Brian is a 'teacher', at least he has a career and not a job.

Stupid Boy!

Have you missed taking all of your lithium today perchance?

WR.
Old September 17th 05, 12:41 PM
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

Poxy mouth wrote:

Now, Brian, here's that opportunity for you to put your money
where your mouth is.....which particular parts of the book do
you "agree..... are a tad basic". Please reply within 2 minutes so
that you don't have time to consult the book (perhaps for the
very first time?), or else be seen for ever hereafter as a
laughing stock, and a LIAR.

How do you expect him to tell you which particular parts of the book he
considers 'a tad basic' without consulting the book to quote chapter,
page, paragraph etc.?
Your post of 11:03 today describes it as '...full of concise info...',
what does that suggest to you?
....(_!_)...
Old September 17th 05, 12:25 PM
Polymath

There are a number of rather silly and infantile people
whose first inclination is to sneer. Two such intellectual
failures are quoted below; "Empty vessels make the
most noise". A book whose first page is about
wire, the skin effect thereto, and the inductance of a short
length of wire is not basic by any means.

Brian Reay wrote:
Looks a tad basic,

Old September 17th 05, 02:05 PM
Steve H

"Polymath" wrote in message
ups.com...
There are a number of rather silly and infantile people
whose first inclination is to sneer. Two such intellectual
failures are quoted below; "Empty vessels make the
most noise". A book whose first page is about
wire, the skin effect thereto, and the inductance of a short
length of wire is not basic by any means.

You should already know all of the above after 30 years of hamming it up.
Basic. Looks like a good book for anyone starting out in radio with a good
basic education or a good crib sheet for the rest of us. Sitting in the sun
with a half full vessel reading Traveling wave antennas by Carlton H Walter,
includes an interesting discussion of the polyrod antenna ;c)

Steve H

Old September 17th 05, 02:11 PM
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI

Poxy mouth wrote:
A book whose first page is about
wire, the skin effect thereto, and the inductance of a short
length of wire is not basic by any means.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
If that's not basic I'd like to know what is.
Is your knowledge so limited you see these as advanced subjects?
Oh, why did I bother to ask? I know the answer.

203 English-language HF Broadcasts audible in NE US (27-NOV-04) Albert P. Belle Isle Shortwave 1 December 1st 04 05:09 AM
shortwv John Lauritsen Shortwave 0 November 28th 04 07:19 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1415 ­ September 24, 2004 Radionews Policy 1 September 24th 04 07:12 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1402 ­ June 25, 2004 Radionews CB 0 June 25th 04 07:31 PM