Old October 1st 05, 06:34 PM
Richard W. Solomon, W1KSZ

Default WTD: Powerpole 180A Connectors

The Glenayre Power Supply I got with it's companion Amp uses 180A
Powerpole Connectors for the 28 vdc output. Anyone got a spare couple
of these beasties ?? Even better would be the interconnecting power
cable, there are two ~1/4" pins for the +DC and two ~1/4" jacks for
the -DC. I found a GR double plug fits the -DC, but the +DC has me
stumped. I hate to tack solder a lead on them (too tacky !!).

73, Dick, W1KSZ

Old October 2nd 05, 05:15 AM
Dr. Anton T. Squeegee

In article ,
says...

The Glenayre Power Supply I got with it's companion Amp uses 180A
Powerpole Connectors for the 28 vdc output. Anyone got a spare couple
of these beasties ?? Even better would be the interconnecting power
cable, there are two ~1/4" pins for the +DC and two ~1/4" jacks for
the -DC. I found a GR double plug fits the -DC, but the +DC has me
stumped. I hate to tack solder a lead on them (too tacky !!).

Are you referring to Anderson Power Products, specifically their
'MultiPole' line as shown here?

http://www.andersonpower.com/products/mp/mp.html

The connectors themselves can be had through Allied Electronics.
Take a look at this link.

http://www.alliedelec.com/Search/SearchResults.asp?
SearchQuery=Anderson+Power&Submit=find+it%21

Keep in mind, though, that you'll need a specialized (and
expensive -- $200 at least) heavy-gauge crimping tool to deal with the
heavy-gauge contacts. If you can't get hold of the appropriate tool
(Greenlee makes a very nice hex crimper -- it looks like a big pair of
garden shears, but with crimp dies instead of blades), I can offer
small-scale assembly services at a cheap rate ($40/hour, half-hour
minimum, see my web site, etc.)

Happy hunting.

kyrrin (a/t) bluefeathertech[d=o=t]calm -- www.bluefeathertech.com
with surreal ports?"