Old November 4th 05, 03:52 AM
**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

Default common phase DDS?

It would be very useful. Keep in mind that all oscillators in the system
would need to be coherent so a heterodyne conversion transceiver design
would need to have any other LO's synched as well.

An idea that I have had is the prize for transatlantic 2 meter DX. If
multiple stations stateside had same coherent carrier and were keyed (or
modulated) coherently, there would be space diversity in the transmitted
signal.

Joe K4SAT

wrote:

Do you think people would like to have a DDS VFO whose frequency and
phase were both direcly related to a common time/frequency standard
like WWV? That is, two people anywhere in the world using the VFO
could make a signal having exactly the same phase as measured at the
transmitter. I would adjust for lightspeed lag using a GPS receiver.

I am thinking this could be useful for coherent CW work.

Opinions?

The Eternal Squire

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

"All Righty Then"

phase angle and impedance of resonant circuits [email protected] Homebrew 14 September 12th 05 06:09 AM
A problem PhalanxX General 5 November 11th 04 05:10 AM
Need a low noise VXO for narrow sweep J M Noeding Homebrew 26 June 18th 04 04:39 AM
Current in antenna loading coils controversy (*sigh*) Roy Lewallen Antenna 25 January 15th 04 09:11 PM
Phase modulated carrier thru rf amp tank circuit?? gary Homebrew 0 September 4th 03 06:34 PM