Old December 14th 05, 03:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Chuck Sherwood

Default Help with Heath SB200

I have a Heath SB200 that has been modified a bit too much.
Someone replaced the stock fan with a muffin fan and they
cut a big hole for the fan in the RF chamber.

I want to replace the muffin fan with a fan resembling the
stock fan. Grainger sells motor and fan blades for appliances
that look close enough. I just need some data to choose the
right one. Most import is the fan blade size. Second would
be any specs for the motor. Stock motors range from 1/500Hp
to 1/20 HP. I suspect one of the smallers one based on physical
size.

Also the meter seems to stick in a couple spots. I don't
see anything obvious like a bent needle. Any hope of finding
a similar meter that I can move the faceplate? Any place that
can repair meters?

All help appreciated.
thanks
chuck
Old December 14th 05, 03:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Shoppa

Also the meter seems to stick in a couple spots.

Often, especially in the winter months, due to static electricity.

See if wiping it with water or an anti-static cloth helps.

Tim.

Old December 15th 05, 04:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
nobody

Hi Chuck.

I have a SB-200, but I don't have the time to take it apart and
measure the size of the fan right now. Maybe this weekend.

In the meantime, you might load and/or ask he
http://www.harbachelectronics.com/

He sells replace parts for SB-200, SB-220 and others.

Ronnie, N5CSE

"Chuck Sherwood" wrote in message
[...]

Help with Heath SB200 Chuck Sherwood Equipment 7 December 15th 05 04:53 PM
Heath gear ! M. Kassay Boatanchors 0 July 5th 05 09:03 PM
Heath gear ! M. Kassay Swap 0 July 5th 05 09:03 PM
Heathkit manuals M. Kassay Boatanchors 0 June 25th 05 03:08 AM
FA: Heath Heathkit Cheyenne AM/CW Transmitter + AC Power Supply SomeDetritus Swap 0 February 21st 04 01:18 AM