Old December 22nd 05, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Paul M0EME

Default help with a transformer

Hi all, Im using the transformer from a Bremi BRL500 linear to make a ham HF
linear using four EL519 valves. I need to identify the leads coming from the
transformer, I bought the transformer surplus so have no data with it....
Also has anyone got any EL519 valves they will sell....

Thankyou

--

Thanks and 73's de Paul M0EME
432MHz EME 4 times FO19,

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/m0eme

Old December 23rd 05, 10:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Leon

You will have to experiment, carefully! The mains winding will be the
one with the thick leads, of course, so should be easy to identify. You
should be able to work out the others by checking the resistances and
then measuring the voltages with the supply connected.

73, Leon

Old December 23rd 05, 12:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
GBrown

The filament winding has the thick lead, not the mains winding. HV winding
will have a higher resistance. 6 volt and 5 volt windings are very very hard
to tell apart with your average ohm meter. The mains winding could be dual
voltage 120/240 or........105/110/115/120 voltages. The use of an amp meter
along with real low ac voltage should be used to find which winding is
which.
Regards,
Gary...WZ1M
oups.com...