Old December 25th 05, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Sven Arne Astrup

Default EPSON LCD Module

Merry X-mas to your all!

I have an EPSON ECM-A0404 LCD module on my table, and need the pinout or a
datasheet for the module.
I know its 20x2 characters, thats all the info I have.

Could anyone help with pinout/datasheet please?

73 de Sven LA6KJ

--

All incoming and outgoing E-mail
scanned by NAV 2005.

Old December 25th 05, 10:03 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
budgie

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 06:00:50 -0000, "Sven Arne Astrup"
wrote:

Merry X-mas to your all!

I have an EPSON ECM-A0404 LCD module on my table, and need the pinout or a
datasheet for the module.
I know its 20x2 characters, thats all the info I have.

Could anyone help with pinout/datasheet please?

If it is 16-pin, I'd be inclined to suggest it has the standard pinout that is
common among HD44780 type 16*2 displays. This would be especially so in the
event that there is pin numbering on the board, and the sequence is
16-15-1-...-14. Pins 1-14 would be the standard config, 15 & 16 for backlight.

Just my experience with many types, although Seiko-Epson haven't always aligned
with the rest of the world on pinouts.
Old December 25th 05, 10:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Eamon Skelton

On Sun, 25 Dec 2005 06:00:50 +0000, Sven Arne Astrup wrote:

Merry X-mas to your all!

I have an EPSON ECM-A0404 LCD module on my table, and need the pinout or a
datasheet for the module.
I know its 20x2 characters, thats all the info I have.

I hope you mean 2x20 characters :-)

Could anyone help with pinout/datasheet please?

73 de Sven LA6KJ

If it is based on the Hitachi HD44780 chip, it is probably
pin compatible with similar displays from Hitachi, Seiko,
Densitron and others. I have seen a few LCD modules that
don't use the HD44780 but are still 100% compatible with
it. Check the numbers on the IC's. Send us a link to a
photograph of the module. If all else fails, try using
the pinout for the Hitachi displays and hope for the best!
Displays without backlighting usually have 14 pins. Displays
with LED backlighting usually have 16 pins.

From a Seiko 2x20 display data-sheet:
1 VSS GND
2 VDD Power supply voltage +5 V
3 VLC Liquid crystal driving voltage
4 RS H: Data register; L: Instruction register
5 R/W H: Read; L: Write
6 E Enable
7 DB0 Data Bus Line
8 DB1 Data Bus Line
9 DB2 Data Bus Line
10 DB3 Data Bus Line
11 DB4 Data Bus Line
12 DB5 Data Bus Line
13 DB6 Data Bus Line
14 DB7 Data Bus Line
15 A Anode
16 K Cathode

Don't let the smoke out of it.

73, Ed. EI9GQ.

--
Linux
Remove 'X' to reply by e-mail.

Need Information on RF Power Module MikeS Homebrew 2 October 24th 04 03:24 PM
The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM
Modifying the THD7.pm Perl module to work on Windows Kevin in Chicago General 0 January 3rd 04 04:42 PM
[= FS: Kenwood UT-50S 6M module for TM-741 or TM-742 Mobile =] Thor Rasmussen Swap 0 November 18th 03 05:56 AM
[= FS: Kenwood UT-50S 6M module for TM-741 or TM-742 Mobile =] Thor Rasmussen Swap 0 August 21st 03 04:29 AM