Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 7th 06, 08:29 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Orator For Decency

Default SPRAT 125 - G-QRP Journal - Winter 2005/6

Arrived in the popst this morning, suggesting that we _DO_
have a national society for _REAL_ Radio Hams in the UK, and
that is the G-QRP club!
Qucikly browsing.....

"Poundshop DC Radio" - converting one of those cheapo scanning
VHF FM Radios into a DC RX for HF.

A 10W AM Top Band Rig - here I criticise the G-QRP club for not
only supporting the gangrenous degeneration that is the M3/CB
Fools' Licence scheme, but also encouraging those who are
licensees thereto to break the terms of their licence - the author
is an M3/CB Fools' Licence and the type of rig is not licensable.

Making leads for the FT817 - well, if the G-QRP club are falling into
the same trap as the RSCB and trying to recruit new members
from anywhare, then articles on CB accessories are an inevitable
result.

Making plug-in coils - but using DIN plugs and not the B9A
favoured by Denco!

78xx regulator circuits

A 2m 10mW AM handheld - odd that his should publ;icise Hans
Summers because his history of Childish Broadcasts (CB) in
this NG directed at me would suggest that his interests lie elsewhere.

RF powered sidetone

Use of a Biro case as a solder dispenser.

HF Antenna for a small garden

All-in-all, a good Ham Radio mag, save for the contributions
from CB types.