Old January 14th 06, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Al

Default 50s Band Converter ID

In the '50s, as a teenager, I built a RF conversion receiver. You
connect it to an antenna and an AM radio tuned to 1500KHz. Then you can
explore the various bands above the AM band.

I have posted images of this item on alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

From the picuture, you can see a bandspread tuner in the center, a tuner
at the left and an antenna coupler tuner to the right. It uses two 6J6
tubes and one whose markings I can't make out.

I built it from a schematic in either an ARRL Handbook or Radio-TV
Electronics.

I wonder if anyone can identify this converter and provide me with a
schematic. It's just for nostalgia's sake.

Al