Old January 20th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Value of the capacitor Cx in wireless microphone SM0VPO

Hi all:

I am trying to arm the wireless microphone sm0vpo
but the value of the capacitor Cx does not appear.

Someone could tell it to me
Thanks in advance for any help.

Old January 20th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Dave Platt

Hi all:

I am trying to arm the wireless microphone sm0vpo
but the value of the capacitor Cx does not appear.

Someone could tell it to me

If you're referring to his "HIGH POWER FM MIC" project, the page says
the following:

There used to be a 1n0 5mm cap for supply decoupling, but after a
cange of component supplier (manufacturer?) there developed some form
of RF instability when the gain of the PA transistor was a little
above normal. Replacing the 1n0 to an electrolytic capacitor of 22uf
cured this problem totally. Any "radial" (the leads both come out of
the same end) type electrolytic capacitor from 0.47uf upwards cures
the problem.

So, any small electrolytic cap of .47 uF or above, 12 WVDC or above,
ought to do the trick.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO