Old January 25th 06, 12:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
amdx

Default Rotor soggestion

I'm going to buy a rotor for my flag antenna. I have a rotor now but it is
one of the old TV antenna rotors with a control unit that goes klunk, klunk,
klunk,
as the antenna turns. I'm hope newer rotors have quiet control units.
It doesn't have to be heavy duty the TV antenna rotor has worked fine.
What are some rotor suggestions?

P.S. Has anyone built a quiet control unit for the old Alliance U-110 rotor?
My rotor works fine, but the klunking at midnight bothers my wife!

Mike

Old January 25th 06, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Lynn Coffelt

I'm going to buy a rotor for my flag antenna. I have a rotor now but it is
one of the old TV antenna rotors with a control unit that goes klunk,

klunk,
klunk,
as the antenna turns. I'm hope newer rotors have quiet control units.
It doesn't have to be heavy duty the TV antenna rotor has worked fine.
What are some rotor suggestions?

P.S. Has anyone built a quiet control unit for the old Alliance U-110

rotor?
My rotor works fine, but the klunking at midnight bothers my wife!

Mike

I used to love the klunk, klunk, klunk...... it was when the klunking
stopped before it reached it's destination that bugged me! grin
There is some food for thought at the following web site:

http://www.rotorservice.com/press3-alliance.htm

Old Chief Lynn, W7LTQ