Old March 28th 06, 11:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Need info about pyramid antenna and it's performance

Hi All,

I am a SWL from India and hope to get a ticket soon. I am constructing
a simple receiver and i would like to construct a good antenna for my
receiver and in future for my transmitter as well. I came across a
design in a souvenir released by Hamfest India where an antenna called
"Pyramid Antenna" is described. The author gave reference to one design
published in Radio Magazibe 1982 by Steve Bauer,DJIUS. I came across
another similar design described in
http://www.warc.org.uk/clubmag/qsx13.pdf . I would like to know more
about this antenna and the experience of using it, about it's
performance. My house is near a 11KV power line and my antenna will be
less than 15 feet from the above said power line.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Shan
SWL

Old March 28th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Mike Andrews

wrote:
Hi All,

I am a SWL from India and hope to get a ticket soon. I am constructing
a simple receiver and i would like to construct a good antenna for my
receiver and in future for my transmitter as well. I came across a
design in a souvenir released by Hamfest India where an antenna called
"Pyramid Antenna" is described. The author gave reference to one design
published in Radio Magazibe 1982 by Steve Bauer,DJIUS. I came across
another similar design described in
http://www.warc.org.uk/clubmag/qsx13.pdf . I would like to know more
about this antenna and the experience of using it, about it's
performance. My house is near a 11KV power line and my antenna will be
less than 15 feet from the above said power line.

While I don't know anything about the pyramid antenna, I do think that
I'd want any antenna _MUCH_ farther away from a 11KV power line than
15 feet. That's uncomfortably, even dangerously close.

Best of luck on getting your ticket.

--
Mike Andrews W5EGO

Tired old sysadmin