Old March 29th 06, 11:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Joe McElvenney

Default HP8443A Tracking Generator Counter

Hi,

I would very much like to hear from anyone who has had any
experience in repairing the HP8443A as I'm looking for a few
pointers, source of spares, etc. I have one in good condition
except for a fault in the ALC/Video Amp (A8) - possibly either the
output or preamp hybrid. Together these items have 52dB of gain
giving +10dBm of output from 100kHz to 110MHz. If I could get
hold of just the spec or internal schematic/block diagram of these
items (5086-7099 [U2] and 5086-7010 [U1]), that would help me to
lash-up substitutes but the correct spares would be real nice as
so would a complete working A8.

TIA - Joe, G3LLV