Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 6th 06, 09:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default icom ic-t2h tx expand diode 18 removal mods and findings

after doing the remove diode 18 on my icom ic-t2h to expand tx i
noticed that my reception in the higher (170mhz and above) was
distorted. i also noticed a marked reduction in transmitting power in
the high frequencies, stations i could reach at 140.20 couldn't be
reached at 172.15, they couldn't reach me either at 172.15 though we
easily could reach each other at 140.20

the low (140-148mhz) seemed to work ok.

i am studying the electrical diagram if i also have to remove the other

diode to improve higher VHF freek reception.

what you guys find out so far?