Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 29th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Thermistors! Ah!!

The fan on the power supply in my Kenwood TS-940 section stopped coming
on. I replaced the motor with a new one. The thermistor would kick on
the new fan when I placed a soldering iron against it. I put thin layer
of thermal grease between the thermistor case and the heatsink and
screwed it firmly to the sink. The fan refuses to come on with this
configuration. Just can't get enough heat into the thermistor I guess.

Do thermistors go bad or what? I'd like this thing to come on at a
lower temp anyway. Does anybody know of a replacement which would do
that? I have zero data on the factory thermistor...I don't have a temp
probe to check it myself either.

-Scott.