Old May 28th 06, 12:54 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Network Anaysis - a possible fault uncovered

Thanks, Rene and nice to hear you're still posting here, despite all
the political BS that's sadly still thrown around by some of our
regulars.
I'm afraid this unit doesn't have any software as such; it's circa 1980
vintage (which is why it appealed to me as it's truly servicable with
no custom chips etc.). As for the spectrum analyser, I sold my last one
about 4 years ago and regretted it within 2 weeks. I've never replaced
it. :-( However, I still have some pretty mean scopes, so all is not
quite lost! What do you suspect the problem is: signal level or
spectral purity?
Paul.