Old June 4th 06, 08:02 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Spehro Pefhany

Default 2SC2397 Datasheet ?

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 14:41:19 GMT, the renowned Rich Grise
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 09:10:44 -0400, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 22:40:39 +1000, the renowned "Phil Allison"
Seems some staffer at Motorola made an error in the early 80s and it has
gone on and on and on ........

Maybe someone who was sick of the breaker-breaker-one-nine-rubber-duck
CB craze of the day? ;-) Unfortunately lots of references on the
'net may just mean that the stuff was all copied from one source.

BTW, any Japanese speakers here? The Japanese characters for Hitachi
appear to be only two syllables. The characters would be pronounced
"ri4 li4" in Chinese ('sun' or 'day' and 'stand'), maybe "hi ta" in
Japanese? Is the "chi" just tacked on in English?

With Japanese Kanji, there's no telling. ;-) Fujiyama, for example,
is two Kanjis.

So it's not one syllable per character like Chinese? Interesting.

Mazda is the opposite-- it's three syllables in Chinese (and probably
Japanese as well). And Alps (the component maker)is two syllables in
Japanese.

In Katagana or Hiragana, Ma zu da is three, yes, but A ru pu su is _four_! ;-)
(I think they're pronounced more like Ma z' da and A r' p' s'. :-) )
To yo ta comes out just right, however. :-)

Cheers!
Rich

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old June 4th 06, 08:22 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Pooh Bear

Jamie wrote:

(HIT) NPN 60V 8A TRANSISTOR T0-220
Vcbo = 60v
Vbeo = 5 v
Pc = 25w/
etc..
etc..
looks like a generic 2n3055 type..

You missed ft = 50 MHz.

Not like a 3055 at all.

I notice your 'advice' seems to be regularly flawed. I suggest you take more
care.

Graham

Old June 4th 06, 08:57 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Bob

"Steve Kavanagh" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm looking for a data sheet for the 2SC2397. www.datasheetarchive.com
appears to have just a 1 line description. Does anyone have more ?

Steve

I used to work with a guy named Kavanagh, here in California. Does the name
Dracon ring a bell?

Bob

Old June 4th 06, 09:27 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jamie

raul wrote:

While I do not have a datasheet,
NTE quickcross has no equal,

here is some info for you (I'm not the author)

Many Asian-sourced semiconductors are marked per the
EIAJ standard
Electronic Industries Association of Japan,
which uses this code:

2Saxxxxb

2S -- a hint that it's not JEDEC

a -- the type of semiconductor, where
A = PNP bipolar
B = PNP bipolar
C = NPN bipolar
D = NPN bipolar
F = SCR
J = P-channel FET
K = N-channel FET
xxxx= 3- or 4-digit number

b = a suffix sometimes applied to designate updated
versions

Usually but not always,
if xxxx for 2A or 2B is under 500, or 2SC or
2SD is under 100, it's germanium;
else silicon for bipolars.

Provided by
Jim N6OTQ

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5

Old June 5th 06, 04:35 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael A. Terrell

Jamie wrote:

(HIT) NPN 60V 8A TRANSISTOR T0-220
Vcbo = 60v
Vbeo = 5 v
Pc = 25w/
etc..
etc..
looks like a generic 2n3055 type..

Really? What are you going to do with the other 90 watts? The TO-3
version is rated at 115 watts It isn't even close. Even the plastic
version is 90 watts

http://www.onsemi.com/PowerSolutions/search.do?searchString=2n3055&searchType=others&ta bbed=Y&clearFilters=Y

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old June 5th 06, 05:48 AM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael A. Terrell

Jamie wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Jamie wrote:

(HIT) NPN 60V 8A TRANSISTOR T0-220
Vcbo = 60v
Vbeo = 5 v
Pc = 25w/
etc..
etc..
looks like a generic 2n3055 type..

Really? What are you going to do with the other 90 watts? The TO-3
version is rated at 115 watts It isn't even close. Even the plastic
version is 90 watts

what to do with the remaining watts? i don't see your
point?

That's about what I expected.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Old June 5th 06, 02:20 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Bob wrote:

I used to work with a guy named Kavanagh, here in California. Does the name
Dracon ring a bell?

Sorry, it doesn't. I've been to California a few times on business
trips but I'm in Ontario (Canada, not California !).

Steve

Old July 12th 06, 06:55 PM posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Sphero,

The way Japanese read Chinese chracters is done in two ways.
1. Something resembles the original Chinese pronounciation at the time
Like Hitachi's "Hi" part.
2. Ancient Japanese word adopted to a Chinese chracter with same meaning.
Like Hitachi's "Tachi" part. This means "standing", as you mentioned.

Hitachi is the name of the city where Hitachi originated as a repair
facility for the mine there in 1910.

Mazda is actually "Matsuda", which is composed of "Matsu (pine tree)" and
"Ta (field)". "Ta" changes to "Da" when it is attached to some other
character (sorry, forgot how is called in English). "Matsu" and "Ta" are
both from ancient Japanese words.
Alps is named after the English term "Alps".

Hope I'm not confusing you even more!

Regards,
Satoru