Old June 14th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Gudmundur

Default Tektronix FG501A drift question

Hi folks,

I have a Tek function generator model FG501A and the D.C. offset in
the 'fixed' or 'non-variable' position seems real drifty with
temperature changes. I thought my unit was bad when I noticed it was
offset nearly .5 volts at startup then drifting toward 0 offset after
extended warmup, that was until I discovered the unit where I work
was even worse than mine at about 1.5 volts of offset. The offset
can be adjusted to zero for some exact given temperature, but geez
guys, change the temperature about 10 degrees and the offset changes
about .25 volts.

Anyone ever run into this? Seems kinda crappy compared to most Tek stuff.
Do the two units I can lay my hands on have a shot compensating
component? Other than d.c. offset drift the unit works perfect.

Thanks.

Old June 14th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Allodoxaphobia

On Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:01:22 -0500, Gudmundur wrote:
Hi folks,

I have a Tek function generator model FG501A and the D.C. offset in
the 'fixed' or 'non-variable' position seems real drifty with
temperature changes.

Probably a wider audience for this:

sci.electronics.repair

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
*** Killfiling google posts: http//jonz.net/ng.htm
Old June 14th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Michael A. Terrell

Gudmundur wrote:

Hi folks,

I have a Tek function generator model FG501A and the D.C. offset in
the 'fixed' or 'non-variable' position seems real drifty with
temperature changes. I thought my unit was bad when I noticed it was
offset nearly .5 volts at startup then drifting toward 0 offset after
extended warmup, that was until I discovered the unit where I work
was even worse than mine at about 1.5 volts of offset. The offset
can be adjusted to zero for some exact given temperature, but geez
guys, change the temperature about 10 degrees and the offset changes
about .25 volts.

Anyone ever run into this? Seems kinda crappy compared to most Tek stuff.
Do the two units I can lay my hands on have a shot compensating
component? Other than d.c. offset drift the unit works perfect.

Thanks.

news:sci.electronics.equipment might be of more help.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida