Old June 18th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Rob

Default is an STA needed to transmit data on CB channel 40?

wrote in message
oups.com...
All,

I've got a brother who works for a consulting firm whose main customer
is Homeland Secrity.

What the feds want to do is to be able to communicate mil-spec digital
packets over low power links in the middle of a disaster-hit area
between squads of Guards deployed across a destroyed city.

I can't believe they would be asking a company with such a lack of knowledge
that you have to post a message to a newsgroup!
I think you're telling a bit of a fairy tale. They wouldn't be using CB as
there is a vast array of communications equipment already in use - or did
your brother forget to tell you that.
What's the name of his company so we can all avoid what appears to be bunch
of amateurs.

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
The poverty data Bush doesn't want you to see Jack Shortwave 1 August 27th 04 05:00 AM
Needed: UTC Connection Data Atlee S. Hart Boatanchors 0 July 3rd 04 06:33 PM
data scan needed James Hilins Antenna 0 January 8th 04 01:21 AM